Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wonderful Day!

For the past two months there has been a mattress in our living room where I would spend my days. Yesterday I started to feel a little less nauseous, but still spent most of my day laying in bed. Today I decided that I was feeling good enough to move our spare mattress back in the bedroom! I am So So happy that I am making progress! It is still hard for me to eat real food, but if things continue like this I should be close to back to my normal self in about a week. I am so ready to have a life again! Today I was even feeling good enough that I decided I was going to make a craft. I had this old picture frame that wasn't very cute, but I totally transformed it into something much better! I have to say it looks a lot better in real life though.Today I have also been reading "The Hunger Games". My cousin Kimberly was very thoughtful and dropped this book off to me one day so I would have something to do. I am only half way through, but I am absolutely loving it! Usually when I read a book there are certain parts that lose my attention or I may think of skipping a chapter all together--I'm not much of a reader =). With the Hunger Games I have been hooked. Last night I kept yelling at Ka'ihe to stop singing so I could concentrate. haha. It could possibly be my new favorite book!Something that I have thought a lot about during the past few months is how we should be grateful for everything! The smallest things make me so happy now, like getting a breath of fresh air! I am so grateful for my husband and the life we have. I am even grateful for Cedar City. I love our friends and our ward. For those of you that have done things to help out Ka'ihe and I, thank you so much! You will never know how much of a help you have been. Even if it was a simple text to see how I was feeling, guaranteed I was feeling down and needed to know that someone cared. So ThAnK YoU!

6 comments:

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

I am so glad that you are feelin better! I was thinking about you a lot today... and its good to know you are not laying there on your death bed. That book is so good huh? My fav also! Just wait for the second one! He he I will bring it by. Can't wait to find out what you are having. Love ya!

Kim said...

I'm so glad things are finally looking up for you! I LOVE Hunger Games. The second one is EVEN BETTER!

Akina's said...

oh goodness i'm soooo glad that you've been able to get up. man it sure is not fun. just wait till you get huge. but i honestly would taking getting huge anyday over the sickness. i hope to see you guys next week!!!

Ku'ulei said...

yay! i'm happy things are going better for you. i wish i could see you and hug you and hold your belly. and i'm SO glad you love Hunger Games! yayyy

Meagan said...

First off- congratulations on the pregnancy- that is so exciting. I know it's hard to feel that way sometimes when you are feeling so sick though. I'm SO sorry that it's been so rough for you- that's aweful!!!! I get pretty sick, but not near that bad- you are such a trooper. Glad that your hubby's been taking such good care of you and glad that you are finally feeling some relief. Good luck with everything and congrats again! btw the cupcakes were easy- i just made a white cake mix from a box, than divided the batter into six small bowls and dyed them the rainbow colors then just layered the cupcake pan with the colors like a teaspoon of each color. Anyway- it's always fun to hear from you!

Kyle and Amy said...

Congratulations! Were so excited for you guys! I hope you start feeling better! What a bummer to be so sickl!