Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mommy Post!

There is a reason why I have not posted in like a month and a half...That reason is that I am pregnant!!! I am going to be a mom! I am so excited and a little over ten weeks, but let me tell you, time has gone by so slow! I know I am not the only pregnant women to be sick, but this is me venting. Starting on week 6 I was basically bed ridden throwing up 15 times a day...about a 100 times a week! I had tried sea bands, sucking lemons, hard candies, every type of crackers, ginger ale, and just about everything. Nothing would help. I had Ka'ihe call the nurse. She gave me a prescription for cream to put on my wrist. After I used the cream I threw up twice in 30 minutes. Ka'ihe had heard from our landlord that sleeping pills and b6 worked wonders for her. I tried it that night, but still threw up twice during the night. I tried another prescription but I just felt it made me sick also. Finally during week 9 I told Ka'ihe that they had to do something, I couldn't take it anymore! Ka'ihe called and talked to the doctor and he said "Get her to the ER right now!" I was so so sick, and so happy to be going to the ER because I knew that they would make me feel better than I was feeling. And they did! I was so dehydrated, they had to get a urine sample from me but I could not pee. They drugged me up and put 2 liters of water in me. I didn't feel better right away but that night I ate something and didn't throw it up! I am now taking zofran twice a day, and the sleeping pill with b6 at night. I am still really sick, but I can't complain because I am so much better than I was before. Now I only throw up like once a day! I lost 13 pounds during this time, but I know once I start eating I will make it up in no time! Most of you know how much I enjoy my food! It's one of my favorite things in life and right now I can't even stand the thought of it.
I don't know how I could have gone through all of this without my husband! He has been So-o sweet and nice and thoughtful. Whether it was waking up to rub my back in the middle of the night, holding my hair back when I was throwing up, or running to the store for me every single day so I could try to eat something differtent. He has been amazing! My brothers even asked Ka'ihe how he can stand being around me. I really don't think I would be able to do what he does. He is in the masters program with his hardest semester of his life and he also has to take care of me (a full time job), run all of the errands, make me 10 meals during the day just for me to smell it and tell him I can't eat it, clean all my mess, and coach the SUU track team. I love Ka'ihe so much! I am crying right now thinking about everything he has done for me. I truly am Prego! Ha. Here is finally some of the good news...A few days ago I went and had the first ultrasound! It was amazing! It's hard to believe that another life is growing inside of me. Ka'ihe was a little disappointed that they didn't find twins in there, but we were both really happy. Here are some of the pictures. The big one is a little blurry but I was surprised at how well we could see the little child.

12 comments:

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you two! Man...I was sick but not that sick! You poor thing! We will pray for you. Hopefully you'll get feeling better soon and you can start enjoying being pregnant.

Kiesha said...

ConGraTS!! I'm sorry you've been so sick...I can't even imagine! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun reading your post! I am so happy for you guys! I hope you are feeling better soon! Mom's sure do go through a lot for their little ones but it is all worth it!!!

Kim said...

Congratulations you two! I'm so excited for you both--you'll be great parents! I'm sorry you've been so sick, ugh!

Ku'ulei said...

ahhhh this is sooo cool. yay for being an awesome mommy and daddy ALREADY. love you both soo much! i'm glad you're feeling a little better, Karlee.

AMY said...

Congrats you guys! I am so excited for you. I'm so sorry that you have been so sick. That sounds absolutely miserable. I can't believe that you lost 13 lbs. You must have waisted away to nothing. Well I hope things get better for ya. Congrats!! love ya

Akina's said...

yay!! baby!!! i'm sooo glad kalamaku is going to have another little cousin close in age!!! we sure married into a good family bc those boys really have kicked it up a notch taking care of us girls and our sickness! aren't we lucky!!!

Sydney said...

YAY Karl skins! The word is finally out and it's official! Can't wait for the little munchkin!

Sutton said...

Pictures yay!!! I am so excited. I'm glad you are down to throwing up just once a day, that was so miserable for you. We need to get together again soon.

Sean and Lauren said...

There's a real baby in there! So fun and amazing!

Team Rykert said...

We are so happy for your guys! Your little baby is going to be adorable! I wish you guys lived closer! We totally miss you!

dani koelliker said...

congratulations! that is so exciting your pregnant! your going to love being a mommy! I was sick too, i lived off zofran! hope you start feeling better! miss you and good luck with everything