Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lake Powell 08


This past weekend Ka'ihe and I went to Lake Powell with some friends. Who would have thought that Going to the Lake two weeks before Thanksgiving would be such a succss. It was definately worth the trip! And yea the water was a little cold, but nothing we couldn't work with.

The water was higher than it has been in awhile so we decided go over to the Sand Hill. It was so steep and hard to climb, not to mention that we thought our toes were going to fall off because the sand was so cold. Eveyone kept saying they felt like their heart was going to pop out of their chest...Here we are when we finally made it to the top.

Here is a picture of the drive going into where the sand hill was. It was so pretty. The water looked like glass. I must admit I am really getting into wakebording, but my body is still sore from all of the hits I was taking. HaHa. Below is a picture of Ka'ihe doing what he does best. He loves to do weird things when he is surfing, and he is so good at it.

Something else unusual that we did this trip was we went riding at eleven at night. The boys all bought glow sticks to wear around their necks so we could actually see them if they ever fell in the water. There is something about dark water that makes the whole experience a lot more intense. This November lake trip was a blast!

2 comments:

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

I'm really lovin your blog Kar! That trip pretty much sounds amazing. I thought you were kinda crazy when you told me you were first going :) But it sounds like a blast! Next year maybe we could go wakeboarding together sometime so I can show you how I can barely cross the wake ha ha

Ku'ulei said...

when i visit you guys, i'm realllllly hoping you'll take me there!! so...lets start planning now! :)