Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pregnancy Update

This was me a week ago. It looks like the baby is sitting pretty low to me but he was actually high here with his head hitting the right side of my ribs. The day after this picture was taken I had an appointment at five in the morning at the hospital to have a version (where the doctor flips the baby manually from the outside when they are breech). I had to go with my packed hospital bag and no food in me in case I had to have a c-section. They hooked me up to all the machines and gave me an epidural which was more pain than I thought it would be. My back felt like it was going to rip apart. Shortly after that my heart rate kept dropping and I kept throwing up. This was honestly worse than the procedure. It took like thirty minutes to get my body under control and then the doctor came in to flip baby Tre. He pressed down on top of the baby's head and I started having a contraction. He waited a second and then went for it again. He turned him in less than 10 seconds! It didn't really hurt, it was just A lot of pressure. I had the maximum dosage of medicine from the epidural so there's no way I could have handled it without it. After the version my body was reacting to it a little bit and I had some more contractions shown on the monitor but I couldn't feel anything at all. After the procedure they said that I just needed to stay for an hour so they could make sure everything was okay, but I didn't end up leaving for two and a half hours because I couldn't move my legs for that long. ha. The baby is doing good and is still head down. I am so glad! I have to add that Ka'ihe was there for me the whole time holding my hand and stroking my hair which really helped me a lot. He is such a good husband and will be such a great daddy.

Today I had a doctors appointment and he said that I was 1.5 dilated and 80 % effaced. I have two more weeks until my due date and at this point I really don't feel too bad compared to the rest of my pregnancy, just a lot of heartburn. I have braxton hicks but I don't really notice them that much. I feel more pain and discomfort from the baby punching and kicking me all day long. I think he is going to be one hyper boy. I can't wait for him to get here!

3 comments:

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

I'm still so glad that your version went good. Epidurals sound like they suck! Not looking forward to that. My guess is that little Tre will be joining us in a week. I'm excited for him to get here

Sarah said...

I'm thrilled that Trey is flipped down! I'm excited to read your next update :) I didn't like the epidural either, I thought it hurt really, really bad.

Ku'ulei said...

you're allowed to smile in those pictures. haha ok...you're almost there! c'mon tre!